11/21/12

Cows and a lot about a Sunrise....

I did cow work today...yep...I know it's the day before Thanksgiving. SO WHY WAS I DOING COW WORK????????

To be simple, because we needed to bring our cows home. Usually we do it long before this, but this year, we had them stay because there was more grass for them to eat there.

I watched the sunrise. It was amazing.

The sky was midnight blue when the first hint of red peeked over the hilltops. A dull red-orange, like a far-off fire, lit up the sky. Dark blue clouds lined the top of it, and hills were silhouetted black against the red.

As I rode toward the east, the red turned gradually to a brilliant hot pink and neon orange. It was incredible. The sky lightened to a deep blue color. High, wispy clouds were bright pink. The orange glow covered the land, casting a orange-pink tinge over the draws and hills.

The sun peeked over the hilltops, turning the orange a brilliant gold color and the pink hot orange. The high clouds turned a wispy pink and blue, like cotton candy. As the fiery ball of the sun rose, the clouds in front of it were either bright gold or navy blue.

I rode with my back to the sunrise for a little while as the colors waned, and then I saw an amazing sight, looking toward the west.

I saw the back end of the sunrise. The clouds over the eastern hills were a soft pink, and I knew that that was where the sunrise was now.

The cow work went well.

3 comments:

  1. Hey PB,
    I have school today but no more for the week after today that's two who days without school not that I mind school much actually I really like it but right now I really could use a break.
    Your Friend
    Poem Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice that you get a break. And pretty soon Christmas is coming up!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post. I'm certain that sunrise was gorgeous! Its as if God was painting the sky just for you to see. :)

    You have a great blog. I appreciate your openness about following Jesus and I pray God blesses your honesty. I am you newest follower. Feel free to visit me anytime. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, this is Piano Bookworm! Please keep everything clean. I love to hear your thoughts and ramblings!! :)

Piano Bookworm