11/29/12

I know, I don't usually post twice in a row..but..

I had this really awesome story to tell you guys.

Dave, Michelle, Kirsten, and I were exploring in the river bottom next to our house, where there is tons of trees. We had been finding all sorts of neat places, trees, and holes, and that sort of thing, when all of a sudden Michelle pointed ahead!
     "Hey, what's that?" she asked. I followed her pointing finger and then I saw it. Dave saw it just as I did and he let out a whoop!
     "A FORT!!!!" he yelled! "AWESOME!!!" and he took off running for it.
      Kirsten and I exchanged puzzled looks. We explore the river bottoms a lot. And I had never seen it before. And it looked really new. Evidently Kirsten hadn't seen it before either. I followed, almost as eager as Michelle and Dave, who were now halfway to the fort.
      It was underneath a great big tree, and there was a swing made out of baling twine hanging from one of the branches of the tree. Sticks had been arranged in a palisade around the base of the tree and several feet out. Flat rocks were laid in a path from the palisade opening to the tree trunk, where a makeshift roof had been built. The whole thing was a bit strange, although really really neat!
     A shadow fell across us as we were investigating the fort. I shivered, and wrapped my arms around me. Even with my coat on, it was getting really cold. And the sun was going down. So supper would probably be on the stove soon.
   So we went home, but we are definitely going to be on the lookout for anything strange happening!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm interesting I would like to see how things develop keep us informed.
    Your Friend
    Poem Girl

    ReplyDelete

Hey, this is Piano Bookworm! Please keep everything clean. I love to hear your thoughts and ramblings!! :)

Piano Bookworm